Thursday, June 20, 2013

No, No Mama!

So Guess what?!! It finally happened! The Sarg and I are expecting a baby! We are both beyond excited and I am so exited to document my experience here for the very few readers I have collected =)

Right away, when I told a few people, I got a slew of No No's thrown back at me.
No caffeine, No carbonated beverages, No fish, No lunch meat, No paddle boarding, NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!

So feeling overwhelmed about what is safe for me and baby T, I consulted the very wise Preggo Chicken and her list of what I can do and can't do. She seems to have a very realistic view.

So for every one's safety I will be having a minimal amount of caffeine every day, carbonated beverages every once in a while, very cooked low mercury fish every once in a while, no cold meats, and flat water paddle boarding only.

I am currently craving nothing but sleep, although I was craving that before. Feeling a little queasy, but nothing crazy.

Telling the Space Invader she was going to be a sister was quite interesting, I couldn't work up the right words to tell her so I wrote it down on her doodle paper while we were out to dinner. I wrote down "You're going to be a big sister" She read it slowly out loud, cocked her head to the side and looked at me.

SI: How?!

NM: Daddy and I are going to have a baby

SI: How do you know?

NM: I took a test.

SI: You too THE test? (in disbelief that I took thee test as if she knew what test I was talking about)

NM: Yep, and it said I am going to have a baby!

SI: Well, then where is it??

NM: Well... it's not ready yet, it will be here in nine months.

Disappointed, she went back to coloring and munching fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment