Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Special Blend

  


               I've been meaning to post, but I have been stuck in this sleeping beauty like coma, minus the beauty part. Man! This growing a human being business is exhausting. The crummy part right now is I just look fat and not pregnant yet so the whole sympathy from strangers when I look sick, exhausted, starving, gassy, ditsy or delirious is rather minimal. One of my co workers jokes we need to get  me a shirt that says :I'm not just fat, I'm pregnant!"

During my pre pregnancy obsession, I did so much reading on "What to Expect" and all of the "Signs and Symptoms" of pregnancy. There ARE SO MANY!
  • Morning sickness (or all days sickness as most prior preggos know it)
  • Exhaustion, varying from a little sleepy to out cold
  • Extra hungry, cravings
  • Aversions to foods and smells
  • Heightened sense of smell
  • Acne
  • Rashes, skin discoloration (not including your nips, cause that happens anyway), skin tags
  • Constipation
  • Lethal farts
  • The where am I? Who is that? and how did I get here? Pregnancy brain.
  • Loss of coordination
  • Cramping that scares the hell out of you
  • Swelling up like a balloon if you are taking in too much salty goodness
  • And that is just the short list.....
Am I glad I read all of the articles about these different symptoms? Yes, because at least I knew what could happen. But I took it with a grain of salt, and so should you. Every woman's pregnancy symptoms are her own special blend, and from what I have read, that blend varies from pregnancy to pregnancy with the same woman. You may be like me, who can hardly keep her eyes open,everything smells like it is right up my nose, and I am also beginning to "lose it" a little with what is going on around me. But I have to say, the sickness has been pretty minimal.

What is or was your special blend of pregnancy? (Just a note: If you say you had loads of energy and felt soooooo amazing all the time I will judo chop you in the throat. Just saying...)

No comments:

Post a Comment